At the beach, in the back garden or at the local park, enjoy delicious summer flavours without adding pounds
3 ProPoints per kebab
18 ProPoints per recipe
10 minutes to prepare for marinating, 10 minutes to cook
Makes 6 kebabs
2 tsp garlic, ginger and spring onion paste
1 tsp sun-dried tomato paste
600g (1lb 5oz) skinless chicken breast, cubed
2 tbsp low fat natural yoghurt
3 small courgettes, sliced thickly
18 button mushrooms
Lemon wedges, to serve
1. Mix the pastes in a bowl, then add the chicken and mix to coat. Stir in the yoghurt, then cover and chill until ready to cook. If transporting, take the vegetables in a separate container.
2. When ready to cook, thread the chicken on to 6 metal skewers, along with the courgette and mushrooms. Mist lightly with oil spray, then barbecue or grill for about 10 minutes, turning occasionally, until the chicken is cooked and the vegetables are tender. Serve each kebab with a lemon wedge and the rice and beans.
Veggie Alternative Use 500g (1lb 2oz) Quorn fillet, defrosted if frozen, instead of the chicken. The ProPoints values will be 3 per person.
1 ProPoint per serving; 6 ProPoints per recipe
15 minutes to prepare
1 small red cabbage (about 300g/ 10oz) sliced finely
2 carrots, grated coarsely
1 fennel bulb, sliced finely
1 small onion, sliced very finely
75g (2oz) light mayonnaise
1/2 tsp Dijon mustard
1 small bunch chopped fresh parsley
1. Combine all the ingredients and season to taste. Place in a lunchbox and keep chilled until ready to serve.
How to serve
You can pop a spoonful of this in with the spicy fish wraps, or serve alongside the chicken and rice. To stop the slaw from going soggy, don't season with salt until before you serve.
5 ProPoints per serving
31 ProPoints per recipe
10 minutes to prepare, 15 minutes to cook
350ml (12 fl oz) hot vegetable stock made with a cube
250g (9oz) long grain rice
400g can kidney beans, drained and rinsed
1 yellow pepper, de-seeded and diced
200g (7oz) baby plum tomatoes, halved
1 bunch spring onions, sliced
1 small bunch fresh coriander, chopped
Juice of 1 lime
1. Put the stock in a lidded pan and add the rice. Stir, bring to the boil then cover and cook for 10-12 minutes or until tender. The rice should have absorbed all of the liquid. Leave to cool - you can speed up this process by spreading the rice out on a large plate. When cool, tip into a mixing bowl.
2. Stir in the remaining ingredients, adding the juice of the lime to taste (you may not need all of it). Season well. Pack into a lunchbox and keep chilled until ready to serve.
4 ProPoints per serving
23 ProPoints per recipe
15 minutes to prepare, 10-12 minutes to cook
Serves 6 (1/2 wrap each)
3 x 100g (3 1/2 oz) coley fillets, defrosted if frozen
1 tbsp runny honey
1 tsp Cajun spice mix
3 tsp lime juice
3 tbsp light mayonnaise
2 heaped tbsp chopped fresh coriander
3 x 40g wholemeal tortilla wraps
1 small pack watercress or rocket
Lime wedges, to serve
1. If the fish has been frozen, pat it dry with kitchen paper. Mix the honey, spice and 1 tbsp lime juice into a paste and smear all over the fish and put in a plastic bag to transport. Keep chilled until ready to cook.
2. Combine the mayonnaise, coriander and 2 tsp lime juice, season and store in a small pot or jam jar. Keep chilled until ready to serve.
3. Cook the fish over medium coals or place under a hot grill for 10-12 minutes until nicely charred, with the flesh just starting to flake.
4. Warm the wraps on the barbecue or in the oven and spread each with 1 tbsp of the lime mayonnaise. Add some watercress or rocket and the fish and tightly wrap. Cut each wrap in half and pop a lime wedge on top to serve.
2 ProPoints per serving
13 ProPoints per recipe
3 small nectarines
3 small bananas
1 lime cut into 6 wedges
2 tbsp maple syrup
18 large pink and white marshmallows
1. When ready to cook, cut the nectarines into quarters and slice each banana into 6 pieces. Take 6 long metal skewers and divide the fruit pieces and strawberries among them, finishing each skewer with a lime wedge.
2. Brush the fruit with the maple syrup and barbecue for about 5 minutes or until the fruit is charred. Meanwhile, thread the marshmallows on to smaller skewers (3 on each) and add to the barbecue until starting to char and melt.
3. Serve the fruit (squeezing the barbecued lime wedges over it) along with the marshmallows.