It’s January, you’re back to work, and while I’m sure you’ve made great plans and goals for 2019, what do you do if it all gets a bit too much for you? Between work, family, kids, fitness, it can be hard to fit it all in.
While on the outside you might appear to have everything under control, on the inside you could be drowning. That’s what this week's guest, psychotherapist and resilience coach, Siobhan Murray, was going through, even though her career, home and family life all seemed to be a success.
Siobhan has now written a book called the Burnout Solution, 12 weeks to a calmer you and she takes us through the 12 steps needed to help people to prevent and overcome going through burnout in their lives.
The 12 stages she covers with me are:
1. Are you burnt-out?
2. How did you become burnt-out?
3. Stress: Internal and External Stressors
4. How your personality contributes to burnout
5. Practical steps: addressing the basics
6. Time management and goal setting
7. Try a digital detox
8. Thoughts, feelings and words: how they affect you
9. Self-care, self-love and self-esteem
11. Daily tools for big change
12. Creating your new Life Map
The Real Health podcast with Karl Henry in association with Laya Healthcare.
Listen to the show on the SoundCloud player or subscribe and rate via the following links:
iPhone users can subscribe and listen on Apple Podcasts.
Android users can subscribe and listen on Google Podcasts.
Or listen on SoundCloud
And we’re on Spotify