Real Health Podcast: Increase your mental strength with these ten exercises for your Mind Gym
I want you to build your mental strength and mental resilience by working on your own mind gym and this week, clinical psychologist, Dr. Eddie Murphy, has the ten simple and easy exercises that you can do in your own time to improve your mental health.
If you work on the exercises in these ten areas, your mindset will change for the better:
- Nurture positive relationships and cut out/reduce toxic ones
- Deal with your emotions – don’t avoid the negative ones
- Have the confidence to be yourself
- Practise mindfulness – be aware of your thoughts but don’t engage with them
- Be optimistic
- Say yes and take risks
- Add kindness to your life
- Get outside your comfort zone
- Increase your resilience by 10%
- Learn to say no
Don't forget that your mental wellness is just as important as your physical health so get practising today and let me know how you get on.
Subscribe to the Real Health podcast with Karl Henry and get no nonsense advice about being fit and healthy every day.
Apple users can listen and subscribe on Apple podcasts.
Android users can listen and subscribe on SoundCloud.
The Real Health podcast is in association with Laya Healthcare.