Do you have orthorexia nervosa?
Do you spend more than three hours a day thinking about healthy food? Do you plan tomorrow's food today? Do you care
more about the virtue of what you eat than the pleasure you receive from
- Have you
found that as the quality of your diet has increased, the quality of
your life has correspondingly diminished?
- Do you keep getting stricter
- Do you sacrifice experiences you once enjoyed in order to eat the food you
believe is right?
- Do you feel an increased sense of self-esteem
when you are eating healthy food? l Do you look down on others who do not?
- Do you feel
guilt or self-loathing when you
- Does your diet socially isolate
- When you are eating the way you are supposed to,
do you feel a peaceful
sense of total control?If you answered yes to two or three questions, Dr Bratman says you may have orthorexia nervosa or health-food obsession. If you have a score of four or more, you may be struggling with a healthy-eating disorder.
This quiz is from Health Food Junkies: Orthorexia Nervosa: Overcoming the Obsession with Healthful Eating, Steven Bratman and David Knight, published by Broadway