Crispy Spiced Sweet Potato Wedges
When following a fitness programme, it's really important to eat sources of high-fibre carbohydrates that release into your bloodstream slowly to give you plenty of prolonged energy. Sweet potatoes are a wonderful starchy vegetable as they're full of antioxidants and beta-carotene. I have used coconut oil, which, unlike olive oil, is safe to cook with as it has a high smoke point.
Ingredients (two servings)
n 2 medium sweet potatoes
n 2tbsp coconut oil
n 1 heaped tsp curry powder (or more if you prefer)
n ƒtsp smoked paprika
n Black pepper and pink rock salt, to taste.
1. Preheat the oven to 200°C
2. Scrub the sweet potatoes well. I like to leave on the skin as it's an excellent source of fibre, but peel if desired.
3. Cut the sweet potatoes roughly into wedges and spread them out on a baking tray.
4. Melt the coconut oil in a small bowl and add the curry powder, spiced paprika, salt and pepper if desired. Mix well.
5. Pour the oil mixture onto the wedges and mix them around well until they're well coated.
6. Roast in the oven for 25 minutes or until they start to turn brown and crisp.
Health & Living