Tennis player Ana Ivanovic stunned in a simple white dress when she married Manchester United footballer Bastian Schweinsteiger in a canal-side ceremony in Venice earlier this summer.
Timeout.com has listed some great things to do in Venice which you may well do on your honeymoon, or which you could simply do on a city break.
Start with Galleria dell'Accademia to see Leonardo da Vinci's famous drawings, and then stroll to Piazza San Marco, the principal square in Venice and home to St Mark's Basilica. No trip to Venice would be complete without a punt down one of the city's picturesque waterways in an iconic gondola. A bird's-eye view of Venice can be enjoyed from the top of the Campanile, the city's tallest building (325ft), which was built between 888 and 912.
You don't have to go abroad to be a tourist. Girltweetsworld.com has tips for being a tourist in your own city.
1. When deciding how to fill your weekend think, "what would a tourist do?"
2. Turn off your data. You don't want to be distracted by what your friends are doing.
3. Walk. Do you hire a car in every new city you visit?
4. Carry your camera. You'll immediately feel like a tourist, plus you'll end up with photo souvenirs.
5. Research. What do other people do when they come here?
6. Do 'The Thing To Do' in your area. It could be a good hike, a particular dining experience or simply posing by a well-known landmark.
7. Save and splurge. You might check out a multiple Michelin-starred restaurant one night, and grab a burger another night.
8. Sleep over. The best way to feel like a tourist in your own town is by checking in to a hotel.
9. Join a tour. You don't know how much you don't know until you take a walking tour.
10. Show someone around. The best way to see your town is through the eyes of an outsider.
At the heart of life in London
The Z Hotel Victoria in the heart of London is worth keeping a note of. The building is a designer conversion of a Victorian townhouse, has 106 rooms, and places you in Lower Belgrave Street, just a stone's throw from Victoria Station. You take the Gatwick Express from the airport to Victoria, and the hotel is less than a two-minute walk from the station exit. There are rooms for under £100. thezhotels.com
Email: email@example.com, phone +4420335893990.