Sweet and sour Thai fish cakes with cucumber ribbons
* 500g of white fish fillets
* 1 tsp of Thai fish sauce
* 1 dessertspoon of red Thai curry paste
* The zest of a lemon, squeeze the remaining lemon for the cucumber ribbons
* Good bunch of coriander
* 1 egg
* Pinch of brown sugar
* Lemon, pepper
* 2 tsp of garlic paste
1. Place all the ingredients except the zest and juice into a food processor and blend, season with salt and lemon pepper.
2. Add the zest, mix well and chill for at least an hour.
3. Divide the cake mix into even balls and flatten in the palm of your hand.
4. Place onto a baking sheet which you have lined with parchment or silicone paper. Roast at 170C for 10-15 minutes or until cooked.
5. For the cucumber ribbons:
Peel the green skin off your cucumber, use a vegetable peeler not a knife,then continue peeling turning after each time you remove a ribbon, do this until you reach the seeds, (slice the seeded bit remaining for a salad ) you should now have long strips or ribbons of cucumber.
6. Place into a bowl and season with the lemon juice.
7. Place the ribbons onto the centre of your serving plate, surround with the fish cakes and decorate with a little sweet chilli sauce.
Martin's tip: These cakes are traditionally deep fried but this recipe is just as tasty and way healthier for you!
– Martin Anderson