Salmon fillet, asparagus, radish, fennel, capers and orange salad with quinoa tabbouleh
* Salmon fillet 180g
* 1 bunch asparagus
* 1 radish
* 1 fennel
* 2 tbsp capers
* Bunch of parsley
* Small handful of green olives
* 1 whole orange
* Quinoa 100g
* 1 tomato
* Bunch of coriander
* Bunch of mint
* 1 tbsp capers
* A dash of white wine vinegar
* Small pinch of salt and sugar
1. Fry salmon on pan, skin side down. Put a bit of pressure on the salmon to keep skin from turning up.
2. Blanch asparagus and mix with finely chopped radish, fennel, orange segments, capers, olive and parsley to make salad.
3. Boil quinoa for roughly 10min or when all water is absorbed.
To make tabbouleh:
1. Finely chop onion, tomato and mix with coriander, mint, capers.
2. Add a dash of white wine vinegar.
3. Add a small pinch of salt.
4. Add to quinoa
Assemble the salad on a plate, place salmon on top and serve alongside tabbouleh.
David's tip: Grill the salmon with skin on and then take the skin off.
– David Gillick