Indy Power: How to make your own delicious Kimchi Pancakes
Liven up your morning with these vegan delights.
I'm always looking for new plant-based breakfast ideas and these are surprisingly crave-worthy. They're crisp and filling and a good kimchi seasons them perfectly, without needing to add anything else. They sit somewhere in between an omelette and a savoury pancake and are delicious alone or with some extra toppings.
Gluten-free & vegan. Serves 4
4 spring onions
150g gram flour
2 tbsp of olive oil
Avocado, to serve
1. Slice the spring onions and roughly chop the kimchi.
2. In a large bowl, whisk together the gram flour and water until smooth. Keep whisking to remove any lumps.
3. Stir in the spring onions and kimchi.
4. Heat the olive oil in a medium-sized pan on medium-high heat. Ladle in a quarter of the mixture. Cook for about 90 seconds, then flip and cook for another 60 seconds. The first pancake will take a little longer than the rest - they should only need about 60 seconds each side.
5. Serve the pancakes hot and crispy with some ripe avocado.
I started taking Symprove in November and I'm annoyed at myself for not starting sooner. It's a liquid probiotic supplement that I'd heard rave reviews but I hesitated because of the price (it's €30 a week or €99 for a month). They say it takes 12 weeks to see optimal results but I noticed a change after a week - I have a really sensitive gut and I've seen a huge improvement in my digestion and bloating. You drink it first thing every morning, and after a few days the tangy taste is hardly noticeable. You can order it on symprove.com (I prefer the mango and passionfruit flavour) and in some health stores/chemists. NOTE: Always consult your GP before taking supplements.