Indy Power: Going for gold... Gluten-free scones with chia jam
Gluten-free scones with chia jam will be your favourite new mid-morning treat.
These are gorgeously simple and heaven with some whipped coconut yoghurt and chia jam.
Makes 10-12. Gluten-free, dairy-free & vegan
500g gluten-free flour
2 tsp gluten-free baking powder
100g coconut oil (solid)
60g coconut sugar
280ml nut milk
1. Pre-heat the oven to 220°C.
2. Lightly grease a baking tray with coconut oil.
3. Add the flour, baking powder and a pinch of sea salt to your food processor and blend to combine all the ingredients.
4. Add the solid coconut oil and pulse until you have a breadcrumb-like consistency.
5. Transfer the mixture to a large bowl. Add the coconut sugar and mix well.
6. Make a well in the centre and add the nut milk. Use your hand to mix everything until it's just coming together into a ball of dough, don't over mix.
7. Lightly flour a clean work surface, then lay out the dough and use your hands to flatten it until it's about 3cm thick. The scones won't rise very much in the oven, so whatever thickness you put them in will be how they will come out.
8. Use a round cookie cutter to cut out the shape of the scones.
9. Place them on to the baking tray and pop them in the oven for about 14 minutes until golden.
10. Let them cool on a wire rack.