Chickpea Salsa Wraps
This is a great recipe for a Meat Free Monday, whether you are one person, two or more. Great fun for kids, as they can mix and match and create their own filling combinations. The chickpea base has a wonderful flavour and texture, you won't miss the meat at all! The filling will stay fresh in the fridge for three days and makes a super packed lunch. Go easy on the sour cream and grated cheese and you will have a very figure-friendly meal.
1tbls olive oil
1 onion, finely diced
1 clove garlic, crushed
Pinch ground chilli powder
400g tomato puree
1 tin chickpeas, rinsed and drained
2tbls coriander, chopped
8 corn tortillas
1 small red onion, finely diced
1 tomato, finely diced
1 avocado, diced
1 cup grated cheddar cheese
1 cup finely shredded iceberg lettuce
250ml sour cream
* Cook the onion and garlic in a little olive oil until soft. Stir in the spices for a minute.
* Add the puree, bring to a boil then reduce to a simmer for 10 minutes.
* Stir in the chickpeas and simmer for a further five minutes.
* Mix in the fresh coriander and season to taste.
* Heat up the tortillas in the oven if preferred.
* Divide the chickpea mixture between the tortillas and add tomato, onion, avocado, cheese, sour cream and lettuce.