Recipe of the day: Chilli and Orange Guacamole
This dip is so addictive, I'd suggest doubling the recipe!
If you're a bit bored with traditional guacamole, you'll love this fresh, modern version of the classic.
Serve as a dip with nachos or as a side with grilled chicken, tuna or white fish.
* 2 ripe avocados
* 1 small red chilli, seeded and finely chopped
* zest and juice of 1 orange
* 4 tbsp chopped fresh coriander
* salt and freshly ground black pepper
* Mash the avocados in a bowl.
* Add the chilli, orange zest and juice, and the fresh coriander (keep back a little of the chilli and orange zest for garnish).
* Season well with salt and pepper and garnish with a little chilli and orange zest.
* Serve with nachos, grilled chicken or fish.
* Tortilla chips are great to keep stashed away, ready for a party dip or snack. Make your own by:
* Taking a stack of flour tortillas and cutting each one into eight wedges.
* Spread these out on a baking tray, making sure they don't overlap.
* Spray with a sunflower or olive oil spray and season with salt, cumin and chilli powder.
* Bake at 180°C for five minutes.
* Give the tray a shake and bake for a further five minutes, until just starting to colour.
* Ideally, serve warm with guacamole and salsa.One avo-mazing fruit that can help you beat the bulge
Health & Living