How to cook pasta
PREPARING THE PERFECT PASTA
* Never break spaghetti in half. This is a mortal sin in my book.
* Pasta should be cooked al dente (with a little bite). This gives it a nicer texture and makes it easier to digest.
* For each 100g of pasta, use 1 litre of water and 7g of salt.
* Use a very large pot that can hold up to at least 6 litres of water.
* Make sure the water is boiling, and add the salt when the water boils, not when the pasta is cooking.
* Do not put oil in the water.
* Fresh pasta cooks much quicker.
* Always add the pasta into the sauce and not the other way around. Toss it to make sure the sauce is absorbed.
* Pasta and chicken simply do not go together. This is another mortal sin for any Italian.
* Do not pre-cook pasta. Pasta must always be cooked fresh for each dish.