GIY recipe of the week: Pasta with ratatouille
We're on the hunt for recipes that use parsnips at the moment, having extracted a glut of them lately from the cold soil.
This is a James Martin classic – easy and quick to cook. If you have a homegrown squash or pumpkin in storage, I would use that instead of the sweet potato.
* 200g sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into wedges
* 200g parsnips, peeled and cut into large pieces
* 200g carrots, washed and cut into large pieces
* 110g red onions, cut into quarters
* 3-4 cloves garlic
* 2 tbsp olive oil
* 75ml clear honey
* 2 sprigs rosemary, plus extra chopped to garnish
* salt and freshly ground black pepper
* 500g packet of pasta
* 800ml passata
* Preheat the oven to 200C. Place all the vegetables and the garlic on an oven tray and drizzle with the olive oil and honey.
* Add the sprigs of rosemary and season well. Cook for about 20 minutes. n While the vegetables are in the oven, cook the pasta according to instructions.
* Remove vegetables from the oven, squeeze the cloves of roasted garlic over the vegetables and tip everything into a saucepan.
* Add the passata, bring to the boil and simmer gently for a minute or two.
* Serve on top of the pasta and garnish with chopped rosemary.
Health & Living