Dark Chocolate Coconut Slices
* 3 eggs
* 3 tbsp of vegetable oil
* 90g of castor sugar
* 100g of gluten-free flour
* 1 tsp of gluten-free baking powder
* 100g of raisins
* 1 measure of brandy
* Preheat the oven to 180°C or gas mark 4.
* Put the brandy, raisins and 100ml of boiling water in a pot and leave for 10 mins.
* Separate the eggs, whites into a clean mixing bowl and yolks into another bowl.
* Mix the egg whites in the blender until stiff and add the sugar, continuing to whisk until the egg whites look like meringue and leave to one side.
* Mix the egg yolks with the vegetable oil, flour and baking powder for 8-10 mins until smooth. Slowly mix all the contents from the two bowls together with a wooden spoon or spatula until fully blended and then add the raisins.
* Place into a cake tin or bread tin and cook in oven for 25-30 mins.
* To garnish, dust with icing sugar.
To make dark chocolate
* 100g of dairy free margarine
* 150g of castor sugar
* 4 tbsp of cocoa powder
* 4 tbsp of water
* 150g of coconut flakes
* Place a pot on a medium heat and add the margarine, castor sugar, cocoa powder and water.
* Bring to a simmer and continually mix until smooth.
* Cut the cake into small squares and dip quickly into the cocoa mix and then into the coconut flakes.
* Leave to set and serve.