Chai Iced TeaServes 8
* 4 orange pekoe tea bags or 4tbsp of loose tea
* 1.5 litres of boiling water
* ½ cup sugar
* 1 cinnamon stick
* 1 thumb ginger, peeled and grated
* 2 cloves
* 2 cardamom pods, bruised
* ¼ tsp fennel seeds
* 500ml water
* orange slices, to serve
* fresh mint, to serve
* Pour the boiling water over the tea and leave to infuse for five minutes.
* Remove the tea bags or strain if using loose tea.
* Stir in the sugar to dissolve.
* In a pot, combine the cinnamon stick, ginger, cloves, cardamom and fennel. Bring to the boil, then reduce to a simmer for 15 minutes.
* Strain and add to the tea.
* Allow the tea to cool for an hour, then place in the fridge until completely chilled.
* Serve with orange slices and fresh mint.