Tips for parents from the ISIDA
* Always place your baby on their back to sleep.
* Don't smoke during pregnancy.
* Do not smoke or allow anyone to smoke in the home or in the car.
* The safest place for your baby to sleep at night is in a cot in your room.
* Don't let your baby get too hot.
* Make sure baby's head stays uncovered when asleep.
* Place baby with their feet to the foot of the cot.
* No quilts, duvets, bumper pads, pillows or toys in the cot.
* Do not fall asleep in bed with your baby if you or your partner smoke or have taken alcohol, drugs or medication that makes you sleep more heavily OR if your baby is less than three months old, born prematurely or low birth weight.
* Never fall asleep with your baby on a sofa or armchair.
* If your baby seems unwell call the doctor quickly.