The combination of vegetables works really well with beef, providing you with three portions of vegetables in your dinner! A perfect quick evening meal.
- 225g / 8oz lean tender beef – ie fillet, striploin or sirloin, sliced in thin strips
- 1 large red pepper, deseeded & sliced into strips
- 1 bulb fennel, finely sliced
- 6 spring onions, washed & sliced roughly
- 1 red chilli, sliced ( optional)
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled & roughly chopped
- 1 inch / 2.5cm fresh ginger, peeled and finely grated
- 1 tsp sunflower oil for cooking.
Sauce: - ½ lime, juice of - 1 tbsp sweet chilli sauce - 1 tbsp light soya sauce.
- 1 small cup = 150g basmati or brown rice ( raw measurement)
1. Place all the prepared vegetables and beef into a mixing bowl. Cover with half the sauce and marinate for 15 minutes.
2. Meanwhile, cook the basmati rice as per the directions on the packet.
3. Heat the sunflower oil in a wok until quite hot. Tip all the beef and vegetables into it and cook quickly for three to four minutes stirring continuously to prevent burning. Add the remaining sauce and cook for another two minutes.
4. Serve the stir-fry with 1 small cup cooked rice and you only eat 500 delicious calories!
Mother & Babies