Promotion: Win fantastic family prizes
This competition is now closed.
Be in with a chance to win some fantastic family prizes in the McDonald’s® Family Time photo competition!
McDonald’s is a special place where families can relax & simply have fun together, while enjoying great tasting food at consistently affordable prices.
McDonald’s understands families, and little extra touches such as a colourful balloon to take away, a magic trick by Ronald McDonald® or the solving of a puzzle on our Happy Meal® box add extra sparkle to what we appreciate is often rare family time.
Show us how you and your family have enjoyed some fun moments together and be in with a chance to win one of our great prizes!
Our overall prize winner will enjoy a luxurious long weekend for the family in Fota Island Resort, relaxing in a Courseside family lodge, with 2 VIP Spa Passes, a family golf lesson and even hot chocolate & cookies on arrival!
McDonald’s are also offering a weekly prize of a generous €150 voucher from Easons, to keep you supplied with bedtime stories.
Of course, we will also have dozens of spot prizes of McDonald’s vouchers for you to enjoy some family time at your local McDonald’s restaurant!
Family Time Photo Competition
Terms and Conditions:
Images are first viewed by us before publication. You will therefore experience a delay before you can see your photos on the website. At particularly busy times, the delay in moderation may increase but we aim to publish all suitable photos within 72 hours.
We reserve the right to not publish or to remove any content deemed unsuitable for Independent.ie at any time, without warning.
Please see our full guidelines for user submitted content here.
By agreeing to take part in the competition and uploading your entry to the competition, you agree to be bound by these competition terms and conditions. This includes winners and runners up being required to participate in related publicity as required by the Promoter and to the same having their name and town of residence detailed on the Promoter's publicised winners list.
By submitting a competition entry all entrants are agreeing to have their photographic entry/entries, name and town of residence displayed on both www.independent.ie and www.mcdonalds.ie. Photos may also be used in future publicity by the Promoter.
The competition is open to entrants who are individuals and residents of the Republic Of Ireland who are aged 18 and over only.
The competition is not open to employees of the Promoter, nor to employees of Fota Island Resort, Eason & Son, Independent.ie, Independent Digital or any of their consultants, agents or anyone else professionally associated with this competition (all such persons known as "connected persons"). However, connected persons may upload photographs onto the Website for fun.
Prizes are as follows:
1. The overall winner will receive a voucher valued for a 3 night stay in a Courseside lodge at Fota Island Resort for 2 adults & 3 children. This also includes 2 adult VIP Spa passes, a family golf lesson and hot chocolate & cookies on arrival. Spa passes comprises entrance to the hydrotherapy suite only. Prize excludes visits to Fota Island Resort during July/August and bank holiday weekends. Prize does not include meals or entrance to Fota Wildlife Park.
2. 4 weekly winners who will each receive a voucher for Eason & Son valued at €150.
3. 33 spot prize winners will each receive a voucher for McDonald’s to the value of €30.
All prizes are non negotiable, non transferable and no cash alternative or any other equivalent will be provided
- The promotion will start on 18th April and run until 20th May 2011.
- All entries must be uploaded to the official competition website on www.independent.ie. A selection of entries will also be featured on www.mcdonalds.ie but entries sent directly to this address will not be considered.
- All entries must be submitted by 20th May 2011. Postal entries will not be accepted.
- All entrants must include their full name, address, email address, daytime telephone number and date of birth.
- Entrants will not be paid for any entries into the Competition.
- No purchase necessary to enter.
- As soon as possible after the closing date (20th May) our panel of judges will select the overall winner.
- Winners of the weekly prize will be chosen by the panel on Tuesday 26th April, Tuesday 3rd May, Monday 9th May and Monday 16th May and notified as soon as possible afterwards.
- Spot prizes will be chosen by the panel on each weekday (Monday to Friday only) from 19th April to 20th May, excluding the following dates: Friday 22nd April, Monday 26th April, Monday 2nd May and Tuesday 3rd May. Winners of spot prizes will be notified by phone or email within 48 hours.
- The panel will choose winning entries based on how well the entrant’s photo has captured family time and enjoyment.
- By entering the Competition entrants warrant that they have taken the photograph in question and obtained all necessary consents, permissions etc in respect of the photograph. In the event of a dispute in relation to the winning photograph that shall be referred to their entrant and shall not be a matter for Independent Digital.
- All winners will be notified by telephone or email.
- Subject to the Promoter reserving the right to substitute a prize with another of equal or greater value or terminate, amend, extend or shorten the competition period at any time and without notice, prizes are as stated and cannot be modified, substituted for a cash payment or transferred to another person.
- Bulk entries made from trade, consumer groups or third parties will not be accepted.
- The Promoter accepts no responsibility for entries lost, delayed, or incomplete.
- For Winners' Details please send a SAE marked 'Winners list' after 20th May to Marketing Department, McDonald’s Restaurants of Ireland, 7 Richview Office Park, Clonskeagh, Dublin 14.
- No limit to the number of entries, but only one prize may be won per entrant.
- Promoter’s decision is final and in the event of a dispute, no correspondence will be entered into.
Data Protection Act
If you submit an entry to this competition, the information you provide will be held on a computer and may be checked with fraud prevention agencies, and if fraud is suspected we will record this and those details will be shared with other subscribing organisations. Any sensitive information obtained will only be processed in order to provide the service requested. Your personal data will be treated in confidence and will not be disclosed to any third parties for their marketing purposes unless you agree otherwise during your registration process. Under the terms of the Data Protection Act you have the right to obtain a copy of the information held about you upon payment of the appropriate fee.
The Promoter of this competition is McDonald’s Restaurants of Ireland Limited registered in Ireland no.127316 and is a private company limited by shares. Registered office: 7 Richview Office Park, Clonskeagh, Dublin 14. Tel: +353 (0)1 2153720. Please DO NOT send entries to this address.
Entry into this promotion shall be deemed to be full & unconditional acceptance of T&C’s.