Christmas Recipes: Brussel Sprouts with Crispy Bacon and Cream
On the seventh day of Christmas, Avonmore made for me Brussel Sprouts with Crispy Bacon and Cream...
We have teamed up with Avonmore to bring you twelve delicious recipes to get you in the mood for Christmas.
Ready time: 40 mins
1 Tbsp Sunflower oil
3 rashers roughly chopped
500g brussel sprouts (washed and halved)
200ml Avonmore Cooking Cream
pinch of salt and pepper
Squeeze lemon juice
Flat leaf parsley to garnish
1. Heat a drop of sunflower oil in a large heavy frying pan and fry the bacon until crispy. Remove the bacon leaving all the fat in the pan.
2. Add the halved brussel sprouts and cook on a medium to high heat until the sprouts have browned. Make sure to keep stirring.
3. Add cream and a pinch of salt and pepper.
4. Cover the frying pan with a lid and cook for 15 minutes on a medium heat.
5. Add a squeeze of lemon juice and return the bacon to the pan.
6. Garnish with flat leaf parsley
Avonmore - the Cream that makes Christmas.