Young man dies in mushroom factory tragedy
A young man has died after an incident at a mushroom growing house in Co Monaghan.
Emergency services were called to the business on the outskirts of Emyvale, Co Monaghan, shortly after 8pm.
It is understood the man, aged in his 20s, became fatally ill while working in one of the growing houses. He collapsed and was later pronounced dead at the scene. Separate investigations have been launched into the incident by the Gardaí and the Health and Safety Authority.
One theory being examined is that the man, who is from the area, was overcome by toxic fumes. A post-mortem examination will take place this morning.