What's happening today?
• The Dublin university boat races between Trinity College Dublin and University College Dublin will see a series of competitive races on the River Liffey, from O'Connell Bridge to St James's Gate Brewery, between 8am and 10am today. The novice races will start at 8.30am and the senior men's race, the Gannon Cup, will take place at 10am.
• For Bank Holiday thrills and spills, three funfairs at Merrion Square West, Wolfe Tone Park and Custom House Quay will run for a final day today.
• The Discovering Science Treasure Hunt is a free, fun-filled novel trail through a collection of Dublin city's landmark buildings and venues -- each with its own unique, science-related connection. You can enter online or at City Hall between 10am and 1pm. The hunt finishes at 5pm.
• A celebration of Irish craft brewing, live music and Irish artisan food stalls with family entertainment including creative workshops for children, face-painting and street performers will take place today on St George's Dock at the IFSC.
• Guided walks in celebration of St Patrick will take place today, led by the renowned Dublin historian and author Pat Liddy. The tour takes in ancient sites including around the two great medieval cathedrals of Christchurch and St Patrick's. The walking tour begins at 2.30pm and tickets cost €14.
• A St Patrick's Day Walks Festival is taking place on Achill Island today.
• In Cork, a food market, live music and family entertainment will be held today between Fr Mathew Statue and Academy Street in Cork between 10am and 6pm.