Friday 17 November 2017

Victim of house fire 'dead for days'

A WOMAN who died in a house fire may have been dead for several days before being found, investigators now believe.

The body of Bridie McFadden (40), who lived alone, was discovered at her home near Falcarragh, Co Donegal, over the weekend. Gardai believe she may have died from carbon monoxide poisoning. Ms McFadden's body was found by a neighbour at around 9.30pm on Saturday.

There was evidence of a fire in the living room of the house, which had extinguished itself some time earlier, said gardai. Initial investigations suggest the fire may have happened up to two days earlier.

Irish Independent

Promoted Links

Today's news headlines, directly to your inbox every morning.

Promoted Links

Editor's Choice

Also in Irish News