* ESTABLISH a Criminal Justice Working Group with a number of state agencies, including the Department of Justice and An Garda Siochana.
* Cancellation of points to be centralised in the Fixed Charge Processing Office.
* Introduce online payment system for paying fines.
* Electronic scanning system for recording penalty points.
* Hand-held electronic devices for gardai issuing points.
* Clear parameters for discretionary cancellations – including "unambiguous definition of exceptional circumstances".
* Review management and operation of points system.
* District offices should be notified of any road traffic offences by gardai on duty.
* Review reasons for significant number of non-served summonses.
* Introduce legislation to ensure hire car drivers and company owners nominate a driver for vehicles.
* Produce an updated training manual for the penalty points system.
* Additional training for gardai on the penalty points system.