BUS Eireann's 'Business Recovery Plan' lists a host of measures to reduce its deficit to €5m this year and return the company to profitability next year. Among the proposals are:
• Overtime rates for all staff to be reduced from time and a half to a flat rate.
• Holiday entitlements to be cut by three days a year for three years.
• Working week for clerical staff and executives will go up from 36 to 39 hours.
• Uncertified sick days to be cut from four to a maximum of two a year.
• All new employees will be on lower wages and a new pension scheme.
• Shift payments and rota allowances will be abolished.