A child's belief in Santa is a pure thing.
Writing a letter to Santa Claus, and sleeping in fitful bursts is a mark of that quintessential time we were all young and believed in the magic of a fat man squeezing himself down our chimney and dispensing presents.
Adults decided to share the letters children in their lives wrote to Father Christmas.
1. This child, who says they want 'three puppies and a giraff' but doesn't forget the mamas' coffees:
My 3 year old son’s letter to Santa. pic.twitter.com/cypFngzrTI— M Bopp (@MdotBopp) December 11, 2017
2. Griffin, whose wish is for American footballer Ryan Shazier (who suffered an injury during a game last week) to feel better.
Talk about selfless.
3. Cameron, who used his letter to Santa to apologise because he didn't use the pogo stick from last year.
4. And this child, who's made it super easy for Santa
My son’s letter to Santa. ‘Dear Santa. I want something random’. That’s me completely off the hook, then. pic.twitter.com/UOr1nJYnxB— Dave Lee (@davelee1968) November 15, 2017
5. Not sure whether it's the 'P.S. Don't watch people when they are in the bathroom' or the fact that it's written with a typewriter, but this kid is a gem:
My kid’s letter to Santa. I’m dying! pic.twitter.com/xnVx6HFTgU— RaisingJedi (@RaisingJedi) December 17, 2017
6. This list
No. 8 in particular.
My daughter’s letter to Santa asking for friends for her brother who is getting bullied. pic.twitter.com/Im9TCZ3jP8— Brandon Courtney (@Courtne8Brandon) December 16, 2017
My son’s Santa letter. Dictated to my wife in full... pic.twitter.com/cE9xgeAATx— DefaultPosition (@Josh_Coblentz) December 16, 2017
My brother wanted to write a letter to Santa for Christmas. Was expecting him to ask for toys or something but this is what he asked for. ❤ pic.twitter.com/5IRqELkvFJ— Denise Cajayon (@denise_cajayon) December 11, 2017
9. And this child, who actually cares about Santa's well being
This is my little cousins letter to Santa I’m crying “P.P.S don’t go down the chimney it leads to the furnace.” pic.twitter.com/ocfb4ZVDvK— Lex (@Bombshellexi) December 7, 2017