• Mayo councillor Cyril Burke (FG) travelled to Buenos Aires to honour the founder of the Argentine navy, Foxford-born Admiral William Brown. €325 was charged to expenses.
• Cllr Catherine Connolly of Galway City Council did a diploma in Irish at a cost of €1,035.
• Not all councillors are quick to claim their expenses. Galway City councillor Padraig Conneely has yet to submit his expenses for 2011.
• Mayo councillor Gerry Ginty donates his salary and expenses to charity.
• Roscommon independent John Murphy donated €5,370 to his local swimming pool in Castlerea.
• One Galway councillor attended a conference in Cork called 'Time Management Success: Double Your Productivity, Double Your Time Off' at a cost of €783.
• Leitrim Fianna Fail councillors Paddy O'Rourke and Caillian Ellis travelled to Cork to attend the annual William Trevor/Elizabeth Bowen Literary Festival.
• Eleven Donegal councillors attended the Local Authority Members Association autumn seminar in Dungarvan, Co Waterford, at a cost of €8,808.
• Four Cavan councillors attended the Byrne Perry Summer School in Wexford, which examines Irish history and literature since the 18th Century in an "objective, professional and learned manner".
• Six Monaghan councillors attended a "Performance Management for Councillors" training course in Mayo.