Setback unlikely to throw reform plans off course
The ASTI and TUI ballot results are a setback for the Croke Park deal but unlikely to throw it off course.
So far, the majority of public servants who voted have backed the deal and it will be passed if SIPTU and IMPACT members follow their union's advice and vote in favour.
Each union affiliated to the Irish Congress of Trade Unions' Public Services Committee has an allocation of 'card' votes based on one vote per 100 members.
A final result is due on June 15.
- Irish National Teachers' Organisation -- 31,402 members. Votes: 314
- Public Service Executive Union -- 11,250 members. Votes: 113
- Association of Higher Civil and Public Servants -- 3,200 members. Votes: 32
- Union of Construction, Allied Trades and Technicians -- 2,000 members. Votes: 20
- Veterinary Officers' Association of Ireland -- 325 members. Votes: 3
- Irish Medical Organisation -- 6,800 members. Votes: 68
TOTAL 'CARD' VOTES: 550
- Association of Secondary Teachers Ireland -- 18,273 members. Votes: 183
- Teachers' Union of Ireland -- 15,800 members. Votes: 158
- Civil, Public and Services Union -- 12,775 members. Votes: 128
TOTAL 'CARD' VOTES: 469
STILL TO GIVE VERDICT
Recommendations of union executives that haven't finished voting.
- SIPTU -- 71,908 public sector members. Votes: 719
- IMPACT -- 60,626. Votes: 606
- Medical Laboratory Scientists' Association -- 1,865 members. Votes: 19
TOTAL 'CARD' VOTES: 1,344
- Irish Nurses and Midwives' Organisation -- 39,000 members. Votes: 390
- UNITE -- 6,000 public sector members. Votes: 60
- Prison Officers' Association -- 3,368 members. Votes: 34
- Irish Federation of University Teachers -- 2,040 members. Votes: 20
- Technical Engineering and Electrical Union -- 1,000 members. Votes: 10
- Operative Plasterers and Allied Trades Society of Ireland -- 250 members. Votes: 3
TOTAL 'CARD' VOTES: 517
NEUTRAL (no recommendation made to their members)
- Building and Allied Trades' Union -- 500 members. Votes: 5
TOTAL 'CARD' VOTES: 5