Rory McIlroy on love, life and the pursuit of golfing perfection
IN this week’s Sunday Independent: Rory McIlroy talks to Dermot Gilleece about the highs and lows of being the world’s No 1.
* It was all in Lar Corbett’s head – that was until his Tipperary team collapsed on the pitch in joy after beating Killkenny in the All-Ireland hurling final of 2010. Now in a compulsive and exclusive extract from his new book ‘All in My Head’ the Tipperary star forward sets the record straight about where it all went wrong and the disasters that befell the team in the two years the followed.
* When NAMA was set up Brian Lenihan said they would pursue developers “to the end of the earth” – this week read the extraordinary story of its relentless pursuit of the ‘Baron of Ballsbridge’, Sean Dunne and his glamorous wife Gayle Killilea. Ronald Quinlan has the inside story of the struggle that spans the Atlantic.
* This week he won the prestigious Golden Dagger Award for his novel Rage – read an exclusive extract from Gene Kerrigan’s gripping thriller set in the mean streets of post-boom Dublin.
* Paul Kimmage, the journalist who dared to stand up to cycling legend Lance Armstrong writes exclusively for the Sunday Independent charting the Texan’s dramatic fall from grace.
* Only in the print edition of tomorrow’s Sunday Independent