News Irish News

Saturday 25 November 2017

Restaurant in fire evacuation

MORE than 30 staff and customers were evacuated from a restaurant yesterday after a fire broke out in an adjoining auto repair garage.

The evacuation was ordered from Shea Leez restaurant in Shannon, Co Clare, at around 3pm.

A truck and two vans belonging to an international courier firm were destroyed, while about eight cars were also substantially damaged. A beauty salon in the same building was also affected.

Shortly before 5pm firefighters finally brought the blaze under control.

Gardai sealed off the building last night pending a forensic examination. However, the fire is believed to have started accidentally, possibly in one of the vehicles.

Irish Independent

Promoted Links

Today's news headlines, directly to your inbox every morning.

Promoted Links

Editor's Choice

Also in Irish News