Revealed: The priorities for the government's first 100 days in office
TAOISEACH Enda Kenny has published the Programme for Government agreed with Independent TDs in what he called an "ambitious and optimistic plan".
Among the priorities for the government's first 100 days in office are:
* The drawing up and publication of an Action Plan on the housing crisis.
* The establishment of a broadband task force for rural areas.
* Agreement with the Oireachtas on a reformed Budget process including the publication of a Spring Statement and a new National Economic Dialogue.
* The reactivation of the National Treatment Purchase fund to reduce hospital waiting lists.
* The preparation of a new winter plan for Emergency Department overcrowding.
* The between Government and education partners on new after-school care arrangements
The document is entitled 'A Programme for Partnership Government'.
“The Programme for Government published today is extensive but at its core is a simple objective: to make people’s lives better in every part of Ireland," Mr Kenny said.
“This government is ambitious and optimistic. Politics is always about what is possible. That sense of possibility is the touchstone of this Partnership Government for a Fairer Ireland.
"The government will work with all Members of the Oireachtas and with wider society to deliver real and positive change for the people of Ireland.
“The Irish people have worked hard for the progress the country has made and together we can build a better future for all our people in a fair society underpinned by a strong economy,” Mr Kenny said.