Explainer: Who is Ursula von der Leyen and what would her EU presidency mean for Ireland?
MEPs will vote tonight on whether or not to appoint a woman as European Commission President for the first time. But who is Ursula von der Leyen and what could her presidency mean for Ireland?
- EU chief frontrunner Ursula von der Leyen ‘ready’ for Brexit extension and clashes with Nigel Farage
- EU top job candidate ‘would grant further Brexit extension if necessary’
- Phil Hogan kept away from powerful EU post to avoid conflict with tech giants
- Cormac McQuinn: 'An olive branch to the next British PM, but will he accept?'
- Remote Border checks can work even if there is a no-deal Brexit - Hogan