Party sets out its vision for the road ahead
The key points of Labour's election manifesto include:
- Renegotiate the IMF-EU bailout deal to get a lower interest rate and make bank bondholders take losses.
- Take an extra year to reduce the €19bn public finances deficit to 3pc of national income.
- Cut less from the budget (€7bn compared with €9bn for Fine Gael and Fianna Fail) and hope that economic growth will fill the gap instead.
- Spend €500m on a jobs fund.
- Set up a work experience scheme for 30,000 graduates and apprentices.
- Suspend PRSI payments for employers for 18 months when they hire people who were on the dole.
- Abolish the Seanad.
- Make ministers and civil servants legally accountable for their decisions.
- Make farmers more productive by developing farm co-ops with shared land and profits.