O'Brien is punished for urinating on man in pub
Ireland rugby international Seán O'Brien has been sanctioned by the IRFU for urinating on a man in a Dublin bar last month.
O'Brien is said to have "expressed his deep regret" and apologised for the incident involving a member of the public, which occurred in a packed pub the day after Leinster's win over Glasgow in the Guinness Pro14 final.
An IRFU spokesman said: "The IRFU has investigated an incident of inappropriate behaviour by a player which occurred on May 26, 2019.
"The player has expressed his deep regret and has been sanctioned in line with the provisions of his contract.
"The player has apologised to the individual involved," the spokesman added.
"The IRFU, and the player, regret any upset that this incident has caused."
No further details were given of the sanction.
O'Brien, who is due to move to London Irish next season, was among members of the Leinster squad celebrating their end-of-season success.
The team had lifted the Guinness Pro14 trophy the previous day, as well as reaching the final of the European Champion's Cup.
Details of the incident were shared widely on social media.
O'Brien is due to have a hip operation which will rule him out of this autumn's Rugby World Cup, at which point his Ireland contract expires.
He is due to start a three-year deal with London Irish when he regains fitness.
Earlier in a separate incident that same weekend, a Leinster Academy player needed hospital treatment.
The young player was allegedly knocked out by a punch from former prop forward Stan Wright, who was part of the province's inaugural Heineken Cup-winning squad in 2009.
Wright, who left for Stade Français in 2011, retired from the game three years ago and was in Dublin as part of anniversary celebrations of that European breakthrough.
Despite the incident, he remained in Dublin for a few days and took a full part in the gala dinner that followed in the RDS.
It is understood that Wright, who is originally from the Cook Islands, apologised to the academy player.
Leinster carried out their investigation of that incident more than a fortnight ago.
The province issued the following statement at the time: "An internal investigation was carried out by Leinster Rugby, which has concluded to the satisfaction of all parties.
"As a result we will not be making any further comment on the incident other than to confirm that the player in question received medical attention and that he has made a full recovery."