WATCH: Dramatic scenes as students evacuated from burning bus
A driver was rushed to hospital after a bus carrying a group of secondary school pupils caught fire this morning.
The pupils were being driven from Ennis, Co Clare through the Cork town of Buttevant when the vehicle burst into flames.
This footage, taken by John Sweeney, shows the pupils standing on the side of the road as heavy amounts of smoke come from the vehicle.
RedFM is reporting that The pupils were taken in to the local primary school , Scoil Mhuire na Trocaire, where they were examined by ambulance personnel and treated for shock..
All of the students are reported to be safe and well.
The driver had to be taken by ambulance to hospital while firefighters from Mallow and Charleville battled the blaze.
The AA is reporting that the road has now reopened.
CORK: The N20 Cork/ Limerick Rd has REOPENED at Buttevant as emergency services have dealt with a vehicle on fire. https://t.co/qvBPcgxUj8— AA Roadwatch (@aaroadwatch) April 25, 2016