Two people taken to hospital after washing machine catches fire in home
Dublin Fire Brigade use breathing apparatus and ladders to rescue pair
It was a lucky escape for one family in the capital overnight.
Dublin Fire Brigade (DFB) confirmed that it was called to the Hole in the Wall Road in Donaghmede at 3am.
Firefighters, wearing breathing apparatus and using ladders, fought the blaze inside.
According to a spokesperson the family were alerted by their smoke alarm.
Two people were taken to hospital for smoke inhalation as a precaution.
Later DFB posted photos of a badly damaged washing machine on their Twitter account. It is believed that the fire started in the utility room of the home.
In a separate incident Swords Fire brigade were called to a crash in North Dublin.
Writing on Twitter, DFB said the road traffic collision took place in Balgriffin.
"Collisions happen even at quiet times on the road, always be aware #Fingal"