Thursday 23 November 2017

Twelve people rushed to hospital after 'carbon monoxide leak'

Altnaglevin Hospital, Derry
Altnaglevin Hospital, Derry
Independent.ie Newsdesk

Independent.ie Newsdesk

Twelve people have been taken to Altnagelvin Hospital as a precaution following a gas leak in the Waterside area of Derry

The one man and 11 women were assessed in Altnagelvin hospital after the incident in the Spencer Road area.

The carbon monoxide leak was caused by an electrical fire on an underground cable.

Police and firefighters attended the scene and a number of properties were evacuated.

No one was badly injured.

Nine of the 12 people who attended hospital were discharged before 5pm with the remaining one man and two women expected to leave hospital this evening.

Online Editors

Promoted Links

Today's news headlines, directly to your inbox every morning.

Promoted Links

Editor's Choice

Also in Irish News