'The Halloween silly season has started' - Person treated for burns after 'banger' thrown
Emergency workers have issued a stark warning after a person was burnt by a firework this week.
Dublin Fire Brigade posted a tweet this evening showing damaged to clothing after a "banger" was thrown at a member of the public.
In a tweet the fire service said:
“The Halloween silly season has started. A person has been treated for burns after a banger was thrown at them resulting in a burn injury.”
The pictures show holes burnt through the clothing of the person in question.
Halloween is a particularly busy time for Dublin Fire Brigade, with many people celebrating the holiday with the use of fireworks and bonfires.
The Halloween silly season has started. A person has been treated for burns after a banger was thrown at them resulting in a burn injury. pic.twitter.com/KTg5soJCh6— Dublin Fire Brigade (@DubFireBrigade) September 11, 2017
Last year, Dublin Fire Brigade had nearly 900 calls on Halloween night alone.
In total, there were 872 calls made on the 31st of October, 2016.