An Argentinian man has been charged with recklessly causing grievous bodily harm to a young Irishman in Sydney.
Jason Cierans (29), from Cork, is in a medically induced coma after he was allegedly assaulted outside a pub in Bondi Junction at 1am on Saturday.
Adrian Gabriel Martinez (30) appeared before Parramatta bail court in Sydney via video link on a charge of recklessly causing grievous bodily harm. He was refused bail.
Another man, aged 27, has been charged with affray and was granted conditional bail and will appear again next month.
The funeral of father-of-two Jason Corbett will take place in Limerick on Wednesday.
His children, Jack (10) and Sarah (8), arrived in Limerick at the weekend after a North Carolina court threw out their stepmother's bid for custody, allowing their aunt and uncle, Tracey and David Lynch, to bring them to Ireland.
Mr Corbett died of head injuries at the family home in the US on August 2.
His removal takes place at 7pm tomorrow to Our Lady Queen of Peace Church in Janesboro, followed by funeral mass at 12pm on Wednesday. He will be laid to rest beside his first wife, Mags, at Castlemungret Cemetery.
Meat may be toxic
A number of lambs stolen in Co Tyrone could be poisonous if eaten by humans, the PSNI has warned.
The 16 lambs were stolen from the Eglish Road area of Dungannon on Saturday. The farmer who owns the lambs said they would not be ready to enter the food chain for the next six weeks and their meat would be poisonous.
A spokesman for the IFA said the meat could be toxic if they had undergone chemical treatment. The PSNI has warned abattoirs to take precautions before processing any lamb they receive in the coming weeks.
Angler in sea rescue
AN angler was rescued after being swept into the sea while fishing off the coast of Co Kerry yesterday afternoon.
The man, aged in his 30s, was fishing with his daughter between the Beara Peninsula and Dursey Island when he was caught by a wave. He was wearing a lifejacket.
He was rescued by a crew from Derrynane Community Rescue Boats around 20 minutes later and was airlifted to Cork University Hospital where he was treated for hypothermia.