RTÉ delays its policy over contract staff
RTÉ will not introduce a policy on contract staff until next year, despite signalling in June that it would be in place in September.
A review by legal experts Eversheds Sutherland this year found up to 157 people had been "misclassified" by the broadcaster. The workers were classed as being self- employed freelancers instead of employees.
In a letter to the Dáil's Public Accounts Committee (PAC), RTÉ director general Dee Forbes said a new policy had been developed and was currently under internal review.
It would take effect from January 1, but she declined to give further details.
A case-by-case review will also be carried out on all 157 cases, which will continue into the new year.
Ms Forbes may be compelled to appear before the PAC on the issue again after TDs expressed dissatisfaction with the update. Sinn Féin TD David Cullinane said it "raised more questions than answers".