Reduction in East Link Toll charges from next week
Motorists will see reductions in East Link Bridge toll charges from next week.
Dublin City Council announced in a statement that VAT will be removed from all charges at the bridge.
This comes following a ruling from the Revenue Commissioners that VAT should not be collected on State-owned roads.
VAT will be removed from the Tom Clarke Toll Bridge (East Link Bridge) from Friday, August 18.
The new tolls on the bridge will be:
- Car - €1.40 (reduced from €1.75)
- Van/Bus - €2.10 (reduced from €2.60)
- 2 Axle - €2.85 (reduced from €3.50)
- 3 Axle - €3.50 (reduced from €4.30)
- 4 Axle - €4.25 (reduced from €5.20)
Transport Infrastructure Ireland said there will be no reduction in toll charges on Dublin's M50 or at the Port Tunnel.