'Hundreds of lines of inquiry' opened into murder of man stabbed and dumped in ditch
Gardaí investigating the murder of a man who was found stabbed to death and dumped in a laneway in north Dublin are renewing their appeal for information.
The body of Michal Kurek was discovered in a laneway off the R129 Ballyboughal to Oldtown Road on August 4, 2017.
A post mortem examination confirmed that Mr Kurek died as a result of multiple stab wounds.
The 34-year-old Polish national resided in Ireland for several years. It is understood he had been living rough in the months leading up to his death.
Superintendent Noel Carolan today said: "The area where Michal’s body was discovered is otherwise a generally very quiet, peaceful rural community. Michal was homeless during recent months and is known to have spent time in the Blanchardstown/Ongar area and in Dublin City Centre."
A Garda Family Liaison Officer is providing support for members of Michal's family in Poland and providing them with updates of the investigation.
Superintended Carolan said that "garda resources are not being spared in this investigation" and confirmed that they have opened several hundred lines of inquiry into the case.
"We have received massive assistance from the public as well as very valuable information from the local community, the Polish community and the homeless community," he said.
Gardaí are appealing to anyone who knew Michal, in particular anyone who met him or knew of his movements at any time on Thursday, August 3 or Friday, August 4, 2017 to contact with Balbriggan Garda Station on 01 802 0510 or the Garda Confidential Line 1800 666 111.