There are growing concerns over the future of RTE's Dancing with the Stars as those behind the scenes worry whether the hit show can go on and adhere to strict social distancing regulations.
In the UK, BBC bosses are working to ensure Strictly Come Dancing gets back on air in the autumn. New measures being considered include coronavirus tests and glass screens.
Producers are also toying with the idea of quarantining the dancing couples together, meaning they would isolate together without seeing their families for the duration of the run.
The production crew who work on the show could also have to work on a staggered roster.
While Dancing with the Stars has been following the Strictly format so far, a senior show source told the Sunday Independent it would be "close to impossible to repeat the BBC's plans in Ireland".
"The BBC are in that great position where they can just throw money at the problem," said the insider.
"Honestly, there is no way in the world RTE could ask celebrities in Ireland to leave their families in November, move them in with a professional dancer and then keep them there until the show ends in March.
"As the rules are at the minute with social distancing and people being asked to stay in their homes, the show just won't work.
"One year is left on a two-year contract with RTE and you can be sure everything will be done to honour that.
"You also have to accept there will be no audience and that show favourite Julian Benson would not be able to take part because of his cystic fibrosis.
"The producers will also be at the mercy of the Government and whatever guidelines are being recommended at the time."
Cancellation of the show would be devastating for the national broadcaster, as well as the 160 or so cast and crew. It also relies heavily on sponsorship deals to bring in vital revenue for RTE.
"We don't know what the financial landscape will be like in five weeks, let alone five months, but will the money be there to come on board?" added the source.
"The truth is, it is too early for us to have started casting, we haven't crossed that bridge yet but until we work out how we get celebrities and partners together, the series is in doubt.
"People love the show and will be in dire need of some light-hearted television, so we will do everything we can to make sure it comes back."
When contacted RTE said it will "continue to follow HSE guidelines and work through each phase as it applies to both in-house and independent productions" adding that it is "currently too early to give specifics on Autumn/Winter production."