'Disgusting, nothing but a pack of lies' - Outrage over fundraiser for murderer Molly Martens
A "disgusting" online fundraiser for murderers Molly and Thomas Martens has sparked a furious backlash.
Ms Martens and her father were convicted on Wednesday of the second degree murder of her husband, Irish businessman Jason Corbett.
Davidson County Court heard that Molly (33) and retired-FBI agent Tom (67) beat the Limerick man's head with a metal baseball bat and a brick at his Panther Creek home in 2015.
His skull was so badly damaged that the pathologist was unable to determine how many times he had been hit but she said it was at least 12.
The pair's legal team have already said that they are planning to appeal the verdict.
The fundraiser has a $300,000 target but has so far collected less than $7,000.
The campaigner organiser says: "The legal expenses have gutted the family financially. The next step is to file an appeal and fight the wrongful death suit. We desperately need your help."
They also made a number of outrageous and hurtful allegations about father-of-two Jason's marriage to Molly.
People have quickly jumped to Jason's defence and have called for the appeal to be removed from the internet.
One woman wrote: "Disgusting. Nothing but a pack of lies. Shame on you and anyone who supports."
Another man said: "Rest in Peace, Jason Corbett your life was brutally taken from you in a cold, callous and calculated method that was planned as an execution.
"You will not be forgotten, gentle man. May the perpetrators live long lives of pain and suffering where they are now."