Mum finds her twin sons (29) dead from suspected overdose
A MOTHER found her twin sons dead in an apartment.
The bodies of Kevin and Peter Moran (29) were discovered by their mother, Mags, at an apartment near Limerick city centre yesterday afternoon.
Gardai are not treating the deaths as suspicious. One theory being examined is that the brothers died from a suspected drugs overdose.
Investigations were continuing last night at the Steamboat Quay apartment block in Limerick where the siblings were found.
The alarm was raised after the two men had not been seen for up to a week.
It is understood that the twins' mother gained access to the apartment through a staff member in the building and discovered her dead sons in the sitting room area.
Emergency services were immediately alerted.
Officers from Henry Street garda station were continuing to examine the scene yesterday evening.
The State Pathologist's Office has been contacted by gardai to carry out post-mortem examinations.
A garda spokesman said this was "a procedural matter".
The post-mortem examinations will be carried out at the Mid-Western Regional Hospital in Limerick today.
It has not yet been established how long the pair had been in the apartment, or when they died.
The scene remained sealed off yesterday evening.
The brothers are originally from the Old Cork Road area of Limerick and it is believed they spent several years working in England before returning to the city.