Thursday 23 November 2017

Man dies in Co Mayo house fire

An elderly man has died in a house fire in Co Mayo’s Inver.

The blaze broke out at a house at Gortmelia this morning.

His body removed to Mayo General Hospital in Castlebar for a post-mortem.

The scene has been preserved for technical examination and Gardaí say they are not treating the fire as suspicious.

Promoted Links

Today's news headlines, directly to your inbox every morning.

Promoted Links

Editor's Choice

Also in Irish News