Saturday 24 March 2018

Man (61) dies after blaze in his Monaghan kitchen

Lyndsey Telford

A 61-YEAR-OLD man has died following a fire at his home in Co Monaghan.

The blaze, which happened in the kitchen at his house in Corvoy, Tullycorbet in Ballybay, happened at around 2.30pm this afternoon.

Gardai are treating the fire as accidental. It had extinguished itself before the man's body was discovered.

A post-mortem will be carried out tomorrow.

Today's news headlines, directly to your inbox every morning.

Editor's Choice

Also in Irish News