News Irish News

Tuesday 15 October 2019

Louis finally back to his old self but still 'wary' after sex-claims ordeal

Louis Walsh
Louis Walsh

Laura Butler

SIX months on from his vindication in court, Louis Walsh finally feels back to himself – but will never forget the "ordeal" he went through.

An out-of-court settlement between the music mogul and News Group Newspapers in Ireland was reached last November, after 'The X Factor' judge sued 'The Sun' over a story based on a false allegation that he had sexually assaulted a man in a Dublin nightclub.

Back with a vengeance this weekend as he begins his search for Ireland's next boyband, the 59-year-old told the Irish Independent he had a renewed vigour for life and was ready to take on a new challenge in his 30-year career. "I'm really excited and enthusiastic about life at the moment," Walsh said.

"The only time I haven't been is when I went through that ordeal last year. I've been really affected by that, people tried to hang me out to dry. But I'm over it and there's a spring in my step again.

"It's always in the back of my mind, though. I don't trust people as easily any more; even walking down the street I'm wary. And I don't go to nightclubs or pubs or anything now, but honestly, I don't miss it."

Irish Independent

Editor's Choice

Also in Irish News