Jamie Heaslip and his dog Jay Z Welcome you to the Weekend Dog Edition
Exclusively in this Saturday's Irish Independent
In Saturday's Weekend Magazine with the Irish Independent: Dogs and their famous friends: From Diarmuid Gavin to Gillian Quinn, some of Ireland’s best-known faces introduce their pooches
- Bark worse than your bite? What your dog’s breed says about you.
- Meet the Supervet : the Irish man taking veterinary surgery to the next level.
- Grieving for Gussie: Caroline Kennedy on the loss of her beloved furry best friend.
- Dogfight - when couples break up, who gets the dog?
- Sharon Shannon on how you can do your bit to stamp out animal cruelty.
- Pooch on holiday: Romy Power takes owner Bairbre to doggy-friendly Irish hotels.
Meet the young designers competing for the prestigious River Island bursary.
Bairbre Power talks to Paul Costelloe about his new mother and daughter collection.
- Diarmuid Gavin on what you should be doing in the garden this weekend, and Leonie Cornelius plants Persian buttercups.
- Donal Skehan makes delicious seafood chowder while Claire Thompson has the meals you can make with your children.
- Katy McGuinness visits The Old Spot in Dublin, and Liam Campbell taste tests South African Pinotages.
Angela Scanlon on using your time wisely
Mary Kenny on the return to late and reluctant marriage in Ireland
Ask Majella: Our agony aunt has advice for dealing with flatmates and neighbours