Car promotion terms and conditions
1. The Competition is only open to residents of the Republic of Ireland over the age of 18 years except employees or agents of Independent Newspapers, ŠKODA Ireland or any third party involved in the competition.
2. The promoters are Independent Newspapers (Ireland) Limited and ŠKODA Ireland
3. There are three prizes, each car is worth RRP €15,995
4. There is no cash or alternative for the prize which if not accepted on the terms and conditions herein contained shall be deemed withdrawn.
5. Registration costs, VAT, VRT, delivery cost are paid by ŠKODA Ireland. Road tax and insurance costs are payable by the winner
6. No warranty will be given by Independent Newspapers in relation to the title, or condition of the Car.
7. All entries for the competition must be completed on an official entry form as published in the Sunday Independent, Irish Independent, and Evening Herald. The official entry form must be fully completed and must be accompanied by 10 Tokens. No photocopies of the official entry form or tokens will be accepted. Tokens or entry forms which are torn, damaged or defaced in any way will not be accepted.
8. The winner chosen will need to answer the following question correctly: The SKODA Rapid is available from €15,995. What is the difference between that price and €16,000? And then secondly, by using their skill and judgement must answer the following test of skill; SKODA's slogan is 'Simply Clever'. If your Dad had a slogan or catchphrase what would it be? The Judge’s decision will be final. No correspondence will be entered into.
9. Facebook tokens are not a mandatory requirement for entry and strictly only one facebook token per entry.
10. The entry form must be completed in the name of the individual entrant. Group names, aliases, syndicate names, company names or other collections of individuals are not permitted. The winner of the prize shall be the person named on the successful entry form ownership of the prize will be transferred to the name of this individual only. Any disputes arising among groups of individuals, syndicates, companies, teams, artnerships or any other collections of individuals in relation to ownership of the prize or division of the prize are matters for those parties only. Independent Newspapers and ŠKODA Ireland will be in no way responsible for any dispute arising from the participation of syndicates, or groups or individuals.
11. Completed entries must be sent to: SKODA Rapid Competition, PO Box 11, Independent Newspapers, Independent House, 27-32 Talbot Street, Dublin 1. Entries will not be accepted at ŠKODA offices or any location other than the address specified. No responsibility will be accepted for entries delivered to ŠKODA offices. The closing date for receipt of entries is Friday, November 23rd at 5pm.
12. Incomplete, illegible or late entries will not be accepted. No responsibility will be accepted for entries lost or delayed in the course of delivery. Proof of postage will not be accepted as proof of receipt. Entry Forms or tokens will not be returned.
13. In the event that the judging panel is undecided as to the sole winner, or there is no unique name entered, the promoter reserves the right to run a further final stage of the competition in such manner and format as it may in its sole discretion determine.
14. The Judges decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
15. The winner shall be obliged to take part in promotional activities and the Irish Independent reserves the right to publish the name and photographs of the winner.
16. The winner will be notified by post or telephone on or before Friday, December 14th.
17. The promoters reserve the right in their absolute discretion to disqualify any entry, competitor, or nominee, to add to, or waive any rule without prior notice to the entrant and, in the event of circumstances beyond their control, to cancel the competition at any stage.
18. Participation in this competition is hereby deemed to indicate acceptance of the Terms and Conditions as outlined. Any breach of these terms and conditions, as determined exclusively by the promoters, will result in automatic disqualification.